Re: Debian logging - confused

On 2014-01-16 5:48 PM, Marko Randjelovic <markoran@eunet.rs> wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 06:14:42 -0500 Tanstaafl wrote:
So, does debian have a single log (in gentoo, everything is logged to
/var/log/messages, then you can also send individual services to
separate logs as well)?

The reason I'm asking is, I can't seem to find where sshd is logging
(I'm having someone remote in and help me with something, but can't find
any record of him having been there yesterday)...

Appreciate any pointers...

You can always install syslog-ng, which will replace rsyslog, and which
I believe is Gentoo default.

Ahh!! Perfect, hadn't thought of that.

Thanks Marko!