Re: Can't get the harddrive to spin down

On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 21:10 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Vi, 17 ian 14, 14:02:36, Martin Braun wrote:
> >
> > This is an output from "iotop -o" while a disk write occurs:
> >
> > Total DISK READ :       0.00 B/s | Total DISK WRITE :       0.00 B/s
> > Actual DISK READ:       0.00 B/s | Actual DISK WRITE:       3.85 B/s
> >
> > No process is revealed.
> >
> > How can I figure out whats keeping this disc active?
>
> You could try (re-)mounting the filesystem read-only to see what
> complains ;)
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei

Sorry, didn't follow this thread. Are you using GNOME, Xfce?

If so, it's GVFS. Remove GVFS and you'll be happy, _but_ once you run
K3b, the KDE equivalent to GVFS will cause issues.

I suspect your drive does spin down, but it soon will spin up again.

You could strace suspect software to see what's happening.