Re: user activity tracking

On 2014-01-16 18:20 +0100, Mike McClain wrote:

> dpkg -s can't tell me what ap creates/uses this file.
>     /home/mike/.local/share/recently-used.xbel

Of course it cannot, what happens in your home directory is not dpkg's
business.

> It tracks my activity in X like a history file but doesn't seem to be
> part of icewm.
> Can anyone shed any light on it's utility?

According to the Freedesktop Specification[1]:

,----
| This file must be used for the bookmarks to recently used resources.
`----

It is probably used by several applications on your system, you can see
for yourself by looking into the file.

Cheers,
       Sven

1. http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/desktop-bookmark-spec/