Re: Installing Mahara from source on Debian SID.

Hi Selim,

"Selim T. Erdogan" <selim@alumni.cs.utexas.edu> writes:

> Csanyi Pal, 11.01.2014:
>>
>> 6.
>> Mahara Configuration
>>
>> cd /usr/share/mahara/htdocs/
>> sudo cp config-dist.php config.php
>> sudo nano config.php
>>
>> <code>
>> $cfg = new stdClass();
>
> Here you have "$cfg = new stdClass();"
>

>> $cfg->dbtype   = 'postgres';
>> $cfg->dbhost   = 'localhost';
>> $cfg->dbport   = null;
>> $cfg->dbname   = 'mahara';
>> $cfg->dbuser   = 'mahara';
>> $cfg->dbpass   = 'SecretPassword';
>>
>> $cfg->dbprefix = '';
>>
>> $cfg = new stdClass();
>
> I don't know about any of this software you're trying to set up... but
> is this second copy of "$cfg = new stdClass();" supposed to be here?

No, indeed, and I removed this second copy from here.

Still get the error as before.

Maybe the PostgreSQL version 9.2, that I have installed is not
appropriate for mahara, because I read in the
/usr/share/mahara/htdocs/init.php

the following lines ( from 137 to 142 ):

    // Now we have a connection, verify the server is a new enough
    version
    $dbversion = $db->ServerInfo();
    if (is_postgres()) {
        $okversion = '8.3';
        $dbfriendlyname = 'PostgreSQL';
    }

So, my version of the installed PostgreSQL is 9.2, but for the init.php
it should be version 8.3?

No, I think not, because when I change the line

$okversion = '8.3';

$okversion >= '8.3';

and try to refresh the localhost/mahara site, I get the same error.

--
Regards from Pal