Re: (Continued) which image shall I use for P4/2.9G

On 1/5/14, Long Wind <longwind2009@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am very disappointed with Linux

ok

> I have not been able to solve my problem
> I have go so far as to install lilo, to try various options
>
> Is there anyone who can help?

May be, may be not. We try to help as we can. Have you used Debian
GNU/Linux before?

> It seems that I'd better buy another motherboard
> I feel defeated

If you have quite older hardware, then you could try older version of
Debian - download older CD from a few years ago, burn that image to a
CD, try to install that.

> I have always think linux can do anything Windows can do
> This time I might be wrong
> I still believe the problem might be solved
> but the cost is too high

Sometimes the cost is learning or "mounting the learning curve".

Also, part of the cost is learning how to communicate.

When you write a problem, and various people make suggestions, it is
_Your Job_ to try those suggestions, and say what happened, or what
you don't understand, if you want more help.

If you want to become GNU/Debian/Linux master, it will take time, not
overnight instant solution to all problems. Patience grasshopper!

With Windows (XP for example), have you learned things over the years?
Which drivers are important to download/ keep copies of, for your
graphics card for example? Or service packs, so you have a install
process of various things and steps and configurations, before you
connect to Internet for first time?

Debian GNU/Linux is the same - there are things to learn, processes to
discover and learn.

In time, you might even be able to help others :)

> buying another motherboard is shortcut,  to me

If your patience is low, then yes, this might be a quicker solution.

BUT WAIT! Don't rush to buy a motherboard - read some of the questions
from last month on this list; try to buy a non-UEFI motherboard, or be
prepared for more learning curve!!

Whatever you do, there is learning!

Learning is easier when you have patience, of course :)

Good luck
Zenaan