Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Gary Roach <gary719_list1@verizon.net> wrote:

> In a linux, open source system the software is constantly changing with minor
> improvements and bug fixes so there can be 2 or 3 changes a day in your
> software. Many of these are security fixes that are important. With RPM's it
> is very hard to stay on top of such changes. With Debian it is a no brainer.

Well, agreed but RPM also updates all that....And in Debian, I think
we have to download the whole package again for newer updates whereas
in RPM it just downloads the required patches. Both (DEB or RPM) are
thus fully updated. But why there is a barrier in RPM if you say