Re: Wireless Controller Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG in a Dell Inspiron 9300

Lisi Reisz wrote:
> I am having trouble with a Wireless Controller Intel PRO/Wireless
> 2200BG in a Dell Inspiron 9300 running a freshly installed Wheezy.

Last one from me today. :-)

You say that it is freshly installed Wheezy.  But then if so how did
your 2200BG get the name "eth1"?  That isn't normal.  It will normally
get the name "wlan0".  It does for me.  It should have for you too.

The name is cached in the /etc/udev/rules/70-persistent-net.rules
file.  I assume you edited that file and purposefully named it eth1?
That is the only way I can think of for this naming to have occurred.

I don't think the name matters.  What's in a name?  But almost always
it is easier in the long run to go with the mainstream.  Going with
the flow is easier than swimming upstream. :-)

> I had this card working in Squeeze, without, so far as I can remember,
> problems.

It works fine for me in Squeeze and Wheezy on my ThinkPad.

Bob