Re: Wireless Controller Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG in a Dell Inspiron 9300

On Friday 06 December 2013 16:48:04 Celejar wrote:
> Don't know wicd, and there's way too much stuff in here for me to
> grok. I'd want to see the main system logs (syslog / messages).

That's how I felt - particularly as I didn't know what most of it
meant anyway - so I couldn't trim in case I trimmed the crucial bit.

> To get the relevant stuff, watch the logs (e.g., "tail
> -F /var/log/syslog"), wait until things seem quiet, then (in a
> different terminal) bring the interface up, and cut and paste
> whatever gets written to the log.

Thanks - that's what I needed.  Full instructions.  I didn't like to
say so without even having tried. :-(  I tend to get lost in the
logs.

But I get stuck again.  Given that I have so far not succeeded in
bringing the interface up, I can't get any further.  The terminal
just says:
Ignoring unknown interface eth1=eth1

I shall now do some googling in order to find out how to use iwconfig
for anything other than getting information about the wireless
card(s).

Thanks for the help.
Lisi