Re: My apologies

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 20:05:50 +0530
AP <worldwithoutfences@gmail.com> wrote:

> And if any one of the folks here might have told me initially that it
> could be asked in off list, I had no issues asking there....!
>
> I just thought things work in Linux anywhere and everywhere....we need
> to select the things...so I just thought this for questions too!!! But
> now its known.

The point is that there are many Linux newsgroups/lists, but this is
one of those aimed at a particular distribution, with the intention of
discussing matters specific to that distribution. You wouldn't discuss
apt problems on a Red Hat group, nor probably on a non-specific group.
Some general chatter is tolerated here, but sometimes it gets out of
hand.

It doesn't bother me directly, but there are some people on
low-bandwidth connections, and it costs them time and sometimes extra
money just to download the headers. They use newsgroups or mailing
lists heavily because there's a lot less wasted bandwidth than with
flashy web forums. When I was on pay-per-minute dial-up, I chose my
download strategy carefully, and anyone who wasted additional time and
money annoyed me.

--
Joe