Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On 12/4/2013 11:46 AM, John Hasler wrote:
Jerry writes:
I keep cookies, because they're also used for other things.  For
instance, the "Remember me" checkbox on a site will store a cookie on
your system which contains your userid and password (hopefully
encrypted!).  That way I don't have to sign on manually every time I
visit a site.

You can selectively whitelist sites.  For logins, however, I just let
Iceweasel store usernames and passwords and log me in automatically.

Yes, I know I can whitelist sites. But I visit a lot of different business-related sites in the course of a month. Trying to keep track of every one is tough.

As for the logins - I also let the browser store usernames and passwords (encrypted, of course). But it also means I have to go through one additional screen to "fill in the blanks". Just one more hassle.

I have no problems with sites storing non-third-party cookies on my system.

Jerry