Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

AP writes:
> Then I need to correct myself. I was in wrong impression
> really. Thanks for clariying this!!

Note that all of the sites I mentioned attempt to send cookies and run
scripts, and try to convince you that by refusing them you are missing
out on something terribly important.  Most sites do this.  In most cases
they work fine if you ignore them.  In most cases where they don't
taking your business elsewhere works fine.

In many cases cookies are justified.  In a few scripts are.  Third-party
cookies are never justified.  I have had sites attempt to shove as many
as fifty cookies at me.  I never go back to them.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com