Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Tuesday, December 03, 2013 01:15:21 PM Jerry Stuckle wrote:

> And exactly what is wrong with using cookies on a bank transaction?

> In fact, all banks I know of need to use cookies to manage signons.
> It's how the bank (or any site that uses signons) knows which computer
> is signed on.

> You obviously don't understand how cookies work and how they are needed
> on websites.

No. Actually what I was in impression of was that there are LSOs which collect
the user's information, like which websites they visit so often, what type of
things they like to surf so that it aids in their marketing strategy (by
whatsoever method...) and thus even if it breaks a millionth part of privacy,
its a concern then!

Having cookies in Firefox is not an issue because websites cannot work without
it. Like even one cannot open Gmail. It say "cookies disabled" but the crisis
generates when cookies reside permanently. Thank God, I found the option
"Delete cookies as soon as I close Firefox" so that they remain active untill
the duration I have opend any instance of Firefox and diappear afterwards
permanently. Installing Better Privacy Add-on servers the same purpose though.

I came to know this. Still I would be interested to know if I am in absolutely
wrong impression.

--
Regards,
AP