Re: OT: "Best Mail Client" - Was: [closed] A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 21:38 +0000, Brian wrote:
> On Tue 03 Dec 2013 at 20:03:50 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > Grammar checking doesn't work until today, but psychotherapy done by
> > ELIZA is quite close to a real psychotherapy ;). I really fear the
> > weapon systems that are "perfect" and should not cause collateral
> > damages. Some of my childhood and youth idols, Joseph Weizenbaum and
> > Marvin Minsky likely are not innocent for spreading the impression that
> > computers are more save than they are. For _any_ decision I prefer a
> > stupid human over a "smart" computer.
>
> This mail has plumbed the depths of self-indulgence. Nothing matters
> except the poster wishes to express himself on another subject after
> going down all the byways presented by each and every post made to the
> List. It is neverending.
>
> After reading the post above you may be wondering what purpose -user
> serves. It seems to have become a chit-chat mailing list and devoid of
> self-discipline or anything remotely technical. Anything goes.
>
> I prefer a stupid human being trying to answer problems Debian throws up
> rather than a "smart" bot which may think this List is here for his own
> amusement.

Sorry, this and some other mails should have been sent off-list. But the
argument that this thread was too long and too off-topic isn't true. You
can blame me for several of my mails, but not the majority of replies to
this thread.