Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 12:24:50 -0700
Robert Holtzman <holtzm@cox.net> wrote:

Hello Robert,

>Wrong. Evil web sites don't care how you access them, clicking or
>typing.

That's true of course.  I think AP's point (expressed poorly perhaps) is
that a phishing email will likely contain a link to a web site that
impersonates a legitimate one.  For example;

<A href="dodgy/phishing/web/site">Text to lure you</A>

If you type the name of a legitimate site, rather than rely on the link
in an email, you're less likely to end up visiting a dodgy site.  In
fact, I get emails from the banks I have dealings with that suggest you
type in their url rather than rely on links to avoid any mishaps,
because they (the banks) know that phishing attempts are often made
using clones of their login pages on dodgy sites.

--
 Regards  _
Why do they try to hide our past pulling down houses and build car parks