Re: how to activate php in apache

Le 03/12/2013 00:14, Bob Proulx a écrit :
> François Patte wrote:
>> I'd like to anable php with apache web server.
>>
>> apache2 is installed
>> php5 is installed.
>> apache php module is activated
>
> The above is just too vague and ambiguous.  Do you mean this?

Where is the ambiguity?

>   apt-get install apache2 libapache2-mod-php5
>
> If you meant anything else by "activated" please say exactly what you
> mean.  Because with the above there is no need for 'a2enmod' or any
> other commands.  It will be available immediately after the above.

What do you suppose: I am a dumb person trying to run php in an apache
server without apache and without php?

I said that because after running a2enmod php5 I got:

Module php5 already enabled

>> But php is not working...ie.:
>>
>> <?
>> phpinfo');
>> ?>
>
> If that is verbatim then that is the problem.  Note the syntax errors
> in the above.  Try this verbatim instead.
>
>   <?php phpinfo(); ?>

Yes typo here in the mail.

>> does not work in /var/wwww (with 644 permissions)
>
> How did /var/www get 644 permissions?  That is also incorrect.

You misunderstood the sentence: the file where the php command is
written is in /var/www and has 644 permissions... (/var/www has, of
course, 755 permissions).

Re-reading my first message, I can't see any extra w in /var/www !

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique