Re: key error message from squeeze-updates repository

On Monday 02 December 2013 11:06 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> I am getting the following error message when I run aptitude update:
>
> W: GPG error: http://mirror.ox.ac.uk squeeze-updates Release: The
> following
> signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> available:
> NO_PUBKEY 8B48AD6246925553
>
> The debian-archive-keyring package is installed.
>
> What has gone wrong and how do I correct it?  I have googled but found
> out only that the debian-archive-keyring package ought to be
> installed - and it is!
>
> I am trying to get Squeeze fully upgraded before upgrading to Wheezy.
>
> Lisi

Hi Lisi,

Have you seen this page?
http://en.kioskea.net/faq/809-debian-apt-get-no-pubkey-gpg-error

You'd have to substitute your key for the key listed there. When I ran
the first half of the recommended solution, I get the following:
gpg: key 46925553: public key "Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key
(7.0/wheezy) <ftpmaster@debian.org>" imported

I'm sorry, I've got no concrete ideas on what causes the error.

Sincerely,
Kailash