Re: strange Cups behavior

On Tue 03 Sep 2013 at 09:28:32 +0200, Frank Weißer wrote:

> I'm running Debian Testing with latest updates and got strange Cups
> behavior:
>
> As user "frank", member of lp and lpadmin,

It is not necessary for frank to be a member of either of these groups
in order to print.

>                                            i tried to print a .pdf
> to http://localhost:631/printers/UTAX_TA_CLP_3521_CLP_4521

Which appliaction were you printing from? Or, what was the command you
used?

> and after a little while Cups says job completed, printer idle. But
> there's no paper-output at the printer :-(
> I tried "reprint job" in Cups, authentivcated as root and - voila -
> got my paper.
>
> Afterwords Cups says 2 pages printed, the printer guesses right and
> tells me 1 page printed, but where is the lost page?
> Should i cut the cable to look for it?

You could look in /var/spool/cups. Please post the outputs of

   lpstat -t

and

   lpstat -u frank

Also, edit /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, change loglevel to debug, print and
look at /var/log/cups/error_log. You might want to compress it and post
it here for others to examine.