Re: icedove configuration problem [SOLVED]

On 2013-08-12, François Patte <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:

> To fool this behaviour: press button "manual config" (something like
> this) *while it is searching in data bases* don't wait till the end of
> the query...
>
> This extremely logical! I need and want more like this!

Well, in fact I was looking into this myself, before I saw you'd solved
your problem, and discovered that (what the hell did I discover?); well,
anyhoo, I went to New/Mail Account in icedove, put in your name and
email address (and a bogus password, not to worry) and pressed Continue.
Is that a run on sentence?

If you let the software search to the point where you get the "error"
message that you told us about earlier, the exact wording of which
escapes my puny brain, the manual configuration button no longer works
(it says server already configured, or something to that effect).  No,
you must press the little "stop" button that's available during the
automagical search process, effectively aborting this process, and
then the manual configuration button works.

The faulty logic perhaps being that if the autoconfiguration process
completes, the user won't need to do any manual configuration.

Wrong.

Whew.

Pour ma part, j'utilise alpine, qui fait ce que je lui dis de faire et
rien d'autre.

;-)