Re: How to use the debian installation iso for installing packages using aptitude

On 8/14/13, Anubhav Yadav <anubhav1691@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyways tried genisoimage and it worked.
>
> The only problem was I needed to search what I wanted to download.
>
> Now I have to do the same with the other two dvds.
> And then I have to make a provision that these disks get auto mounted at
> startup.

If you have no need for the images otherwise, a local mirror might be
what you want? Eg using debmirror, apt-move etc.

Once you have a (local) mirror, you can create ISOs from that if needed.
Look at jigit, and jigdo-file (which can "download" an ISO image from
your local mirror.

Enjoy Debian, The Universal Operating System :)

Regards
Zenaan