Re: bind9, openswan crashes wheezy VPS

Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> without problems. So, it could very well be something with the
> virtio_net module. Will be interesting to see what solves this.

Good luck!

> > BTW...  What do you have in /etc/nsswitch.conf?  Hope it just says
> > "files dns" there.
> >
> >   $ grep hosts /etc/nsswitch.conf
> >   hosts:          files dns
>
> I didn't touch that, so it is whatever wheezy installed by
> default.

Well, there is by default and then there is depending upon what other
packages have also been installed.  For example libnss-mdns adds
avahi mdns stuff there and that causes me problems.

> Yes, when I run grep like you show above, I get back exactly
> what you did. It has other lines in there, so the whole file doesn't
> just say
>
> hosts:          files dns

That is normal and good.

> all by itself. So, I assume you're asking if that one line just says
> hosts:          files dns, not that the entire file consists of that,
> and only that. If that is the intended question, the answer is
> yes.

That was exactly what I was asking.  There are other configurable
services in that file.  But I was only asking about the hosts lookup
network service.

> Thanks again for your help Bob.

I will be curious to hear what you find out about your problem.
System crashes are always especially difficult for me to debug.

Bob