Re: Wheezy upgrade - php5-suhosin missing?

Claudius Hubig grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> Dear David,
>
> David Guntner wrote:
>> Anyone know why it was removed, and if/when it will be restored?
>
> the functionality of Suhosin was merged into core PHP, hence it is
> not ‘needed’ anymore and was removed. I doubt that it will be
> restored.

Oh, ok.  Cool then. :-)

During the upgrade the package was removed but not purged, so Apache
still had a config file pointing to php5-suhosin.so, which caused it to
complain about the missing library.  I did a purge and Apache seems
happy now.

Thanks for the info!

               --Dave