Re: Re: unable to mount a vfat filesystem.

atar a écrit :
I've configured my boot loader (Syslinux in my case) to load the new kernel image and the new initrd.img corresponding to the new kernel but unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem.

Did you check that the active kernel and initramfs are the intended one
and not an older version ?

Yes, I've reconfigured Syslinux to load the new kernel image (2.6.32-5-686) and the corresponding new initramfs.

Note: it's worth to note here that I'm using at the Live version of Debian from the Debian Live Project.

Can you describe your setup more precisely ?

I don't know what exactly you want me to describe in more detail, but in general, I've downloaded the Debian live-boot distro from the Debian download page and have installed it on a USB stick. I've created a 'live-rw' partition in this USB stick in order to preserve the changes I make in my daily work with this Debian distro.

some weeks after the installation of this Debian distro on my USB stick, I've ran the command 'apt-get upgrade' to upgrade the packages which are installed on my machine. since this upgrade (I think so, however...) I cannot mount vfat filesystems and when I try to run 'modprobe vfat' it emits an error message and tell me to look at the output of the 'dmesg' command. as I've wrote at the start of this discussion, the dmesg says: "vfat: Unknown symbol utf8s_to_utf16s_fixed".

Regards!!

atar.