Re: nvidia module

On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 22:01:06 +0300
andrey.rybak@bilkent.edu.tr wrote:

Hello andrey.rybak@bilkent.edu.tr,

>i have jessy. why modprobe cannot find nvidia_drv.so? when i used
>wheezy i didnot need the xorg.conf. it stopped to work after upgrading.

Really?  I've always needed an xorg.conf file to allow the use of the
nVidia driver.

As for stopping working after upgrade, you are aware that the nVidia
module needs to be recompiled after a kernel update?  It's why I use the
*-dkms nvidia kernel modules, as that way, it's all taken care of for
you.

--
 Regards  _
If you ain't sticking your knives in me, you will be eventually