keyboard shortcuts...squeeze

Some time ago I set up a shortcut to open a terminal (ctrl+A) which
worked for several months. As of a month or two ago the shortcut began
working *only* right after booting. Anytime after that it had the effect
of highlighting all my desktop icons but didn't open the terminal.
Various searches yielded nothing applicable. I'm at a loss as to how to
attack this problem. I have a problem with shortcuts not working in
wheezy, but that's for another thread.

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,