Re: Get list of restarted services during upgrade

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 22:25:34 -0600
Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

> What is your specific concern?

Hi Bob,

I'm running a Cluster that has to be set in Maintenance-Mode if
monitored services are restarted. I want to do this only if needed, so
I need to know which services will be restarted during
upgrade/installation. You can't always see that, even if you runs
interactive mode. An example is the installation of phpmyadmin, it will
restart Apache, but it's hard to spot from the package names.

At the moment I try out update-rc.d to avoid any service to be
restarted during upgrade, but I wonder if there might be a better
solution.

Best regards
Denis Witt