Re: Backing up on obnam.

On 25 June 2013 02:57, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 19:51:23 +0100
Sharon Kimble <skimble04@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using obnam 1.4 on wheezy with no problems, but, I am unable to back
> up both /etc and /var both at the same time. I've tried 'root = /etc, /var'
> and /etc is backed up but not /var.
>
> How then can I back up /var at the same time please?

Have you tried using two separate 'root' directives? What about just
running the command twice, once for each root?

You mean like this?
root = /etc
root = /var

Either way, /etc is backed up but /var isn't.

The only way that I could run the command twice is to have two config files and then run them at different times. Which seems rather wasteful, and, as they're both owned by $ROOT and need gksudo permission, it makes more sense to have them both in one file, and utilised at one time. That's what I'm aiming for.

Sharon.