Re: Just a question...........

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 03:19:25PM +1000, Charlie wrote:

> I don't know enough about this hope someone can help:
>
> My ISP CEO suggests that this address is BitTorrent:
> http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main non-free contrib
>
> Is that correct?

No, he is confused.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/7792

There are no trackers involved with apt-get, although it would be a far
more efficient method (bandwidth wise). The downside is that you
probably wouldn't be able to update/upgrade your laptop at your local
library etc. because they tend to block BitTorrent traffic.

I think I remember reading about a discussion of implementing a system
where apt-get only downloads the changes to files. It wouldn't suprise
me if something like this was implemented at some point way down the
track.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X