Re: Debian/Linux tutorials.

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 08:11:45AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >On Jo, 06 iun 13, 14:11:21, atar wrote:
> >>Hi there!!
> >>
> >>I wanted to know please where can I enrich my knowledge about Linux
> >>at general and especially about Debian regarding variety of topics
> >>such as the system boot process, what are tty's? and where are
> >>located the scripts that the system runs during the boot and
> >>shutdown process, how to manage groups policies and how manage the
> >>whole system at all. where can I find some useful
> >>resources/documentation/references that speak in clear fashion,
> >>because the man pages often uses some concepts which aren't familiar
> >>to the beginner user, so I look for some resources that are friendly
> >>with the beginner user.
> >
> >http://www.debian.org/doc/
>
> Speaking as a beginner myself, those are written by and for experts.

I do not know which one are you talking ... there is too much and many
are highly technical documents.

I hamble work is:
  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/

It is technical end-user oriented....

I think you maybe looking for
 The Debian Administrator's Handbook
 Author: Raphaël Hertzog, Roland Mas
 Publisher: Freexian
Which is hidden deep in the link for Debian book.

Also for non-technical / user oriented guide, Ubuntu may give you such
introduction.  Although we try to make it easy, driving Debian requires
you to be technical to some extent ....

> I found out, during an engineering co-op assignment 40 years ago,
> just how difficult it is to write technical documentation aimed at
> someone with a different background. And it was only a ten page
> production line test procedure.

We do not have that much resource ... to be honest.  You are welcomed to
contribute :-)

Osamu