Re: RedHat and MariaDB

On Sun, June 16, 2013 6:17 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-06-16 at 08:57 -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> Debian will quickly lose users to distros which do listen
>
> Can you name some distros that do listen?

O.K., I find that Debian does.

There seem to be some here that think that there are hard and fast
parameters that divide Debian up into this isolated entity and this
enclave and yet anothoer group way over ther who have no means o
communicating with each other.
Perhaps they don't understand what mailing lists are for, so let's have a
look at bhe situation.

It has been my experience in the past that developers listen in and take
part in conversations on Debian-user.
At times, I have involved myself on Debian-devel and found people there
quite receptive to what I've had to say, so I think that we can look at
extending the somewhat narrow, pinched, elitest idea of 'community' that
some would prefer to have, from ego or whatever other preferred motivation
they may have. Because, without communication, there is no community and I
think that you will find that the developers have the brains to understand
that Debian-user is a valuable tool to use in enabling Debian to maintain
relevance in the marketplace every bit as much as, if not more than,
adjuncts such as pop-con.

A community is made up of a number of aspects. Not just the town council.
The bloke out ploughing the paddocks has a place also, and his/her
feedback is every bit as important and relevant to the survival of that
community as any others.
Cheers!

Weaver

--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515