Re: Lenovo WiFi Problem

On Thu, 2013-06-13 at 19:27 -0400, Doug Button wrote:
> I have been having a WiFi problem for a few months now, and I think I
> should finally fix it. I am using a Lenovo Ideapad Z370 with Gnome 3's
> network manager. Whenever I connect to a WiFi network, I have one or
> more of these three problems.
>
> 1. The speed of the network drops drastically. Usually less than 20%
> of the speed that the network should be.
> 2. The network seems to work fine for several minutes then drops out
> for 30 seconds to two minutes until it finally starts working again.
> This repeats itself.
> 3. I am repeatedly asked for the password for the network and cannot
> access the internet at all. I know for a fact that the password I am
> entering is correct.
>
> In all of these problems network manager says that I am connected to
> the network just fine which is obviously not the case. I can also say
> that this probably isn't a hardware problem or a matter of range
> because Windows 7 seems to connect just fine.
>
> Does anybody know how to fix this problem? I can post any log files
> that may be needed. Thanks for any help in advance!

I had problems like this and it turned out to be a problem with my wifi
access point/router. A week before I had a network outage and when they
were fixing it the tech replaced the router and had several settings
involving various DOS attack detection. I was connected to the internet,
but my local wifi had the symptoms you describe. I disabled syn attack
detection and another that I don't remember and from that point
everything worked fine.