Re: Cut an paste from icedove email messages

On 10/06/13 03:39 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
On 06/08/2013 12:50 AM, Kailash wrote:
On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 02:17:23PM -0700, Gary Roach wrote:

I keep having the situation where I want to cut and paste a section
from an email to another document. Is there any way to cut and paste
from iceweasel to the clipboard to a text document?

Hi,

Would logging your clipboard help?
http://parcellite.sourceforge.net/?page_id=16

Kailash

I never get to the point that I can use the clipboard. There doesn't
seem to be any way to mark a section of text. Without that there is no
way to copy.

Gary R.

BTW: I do notice that you sometimes can't cut and paste between applications. This seems to be something to do with incompatible clipboards. However, I can always cut from applications that allow cutting and paste to applications that allow pasting.

It's just the clipboard that sometimes doesn't cooperate. That seems to be resolving itself as more applications adhere to interoperability standards.