Re: Debian 7 problem

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 02:36:20PM +0100, Andrei Hristow wrote:
> Hello, I found a problem with MySQL database type InnoDB
> InnoDB is very slow, effects are constant load on the hard drive, processor
> running at 100%
> system load reaches 7.05

Without more details, we have to guess...

But as a first approximation: run mysql-tuner.

But if this is a typical database, I'd suggest:

  - check your running queries and identify the slow queries: Bad
    queries and/or missing indexes can have a MASSIVE impact on
    performance.  Make sure that this is sensible before resorting to
    other changes.

  - increasing innodb_buffer_pool_size (not necessarily as much as
    mysqltuner suggests - it has a preference for having the whole
    database in memory, which is usually not necessary)

  - for instances with a lot of write activity: increase
    innodb_log_file_size

and there's more - but specific recommendations cannot be done on the
basis of general data - hence my qualifications above...

--
Karl E. Jorgensen