Re: Ctrl-alt-del to restart window manager with xfce in wheezy?

* Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> [2013-06-09 23:51 -0700]:

> On Jun 9, 2013, at 11:10 PM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
> >On Du, 09 iun 13, 19:27:35, Rick Thomas wrote:
> >>
> >>I've got xfce window manager installed on pretty-much as it comes
> >>fresh-out-of-the-box Wheezy.

> >>I've configured it to do so with "dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-
> >>configuration", but (even after a reboot) that doesn't seem to do
> >>the job.
> >
> >Don't you mean Ctrl-Alt-Backspace (not Del)? And this doesn't restart
> >the window manager, but it shuts down the X server.
>

> Thanks for the clarification, Andrei!
>
> Of course, you're right in all respects...

Try echo
'XKBOPTIONS="lv3:ralt_switch,compose:caps,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"' >>
/etc/default/keyboard

Elimar

--
  Learned men are the cisterns of knowledge,
  not the fountainheads ;-)