Re: Remove user data of uninstalled packages

Am Sonntag, 9. Juni 2013 schrieb Brad Rogers:
> On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 16:38:53 +0200
> "Hans-J. Ullrich" <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Hans-J.,
>
> >just a question. Is there any way to remove user configuration files of
> >uninstalled packages except to delete ~./whatever manually?
>
> That's the only way to do it.
>
> It can be handy if you decide that, after all, you *do* want that
> package installed;  You don't have to reconfigure it from scratch.
>
> With the size of hard drives being what they are, a few kB of config
> directory data is nothing to worry over, IMO.

Hi Brad,

yes, maybe, but after more than 10 years of using debian a lot of unnecessary
stuf is in my ~home directory. And as I am now using a SSD drive, space is
more important than before.

However, I will just decide manually and create a script, which I can run on
all my other computers. They all got the same packagelist
installed/uninstalled.

Thought I might missed an automatical way, but I learnt, there is none. It is
just not intended by design.

Best regards

Hans