Re: Installing libgtk2.0-0:i386 on amd64 system

On 06/06/13 13:26, Brad Alexander wrote:
Hello,

As the subject says, I'm having problems installing libgtk2.0-0:i386 on
my amd64 sid system. The problem is that I am using the cisco anyconnect
client, which requires the i386 version, but when I attempt to install
at one (the amd64 version is installed), I get a bunch of dependency issues:

# apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  libgtk2.0-0:i386 : Depends: libcups2:i386 (>= 1.4.0) but it is not
going to be installed
                     Depends: libgssapi-krb5-2:i386 (>= 1.6.dfsg.2) but
it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libk5crypto3:i386 (>= 1.6.dfsg.2) but it
is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libkrb5-3:i386 (>= 1.6.dfsg.2) but it is
not going to be installed
                     Recommends: hicolor-icon-theme:i386 but it is not
installable

No packages are held on thei machine. I tried downloading the package
and installing through dpkg -i (though I didn't follow through with it),
but it wanted to uninstall several packages:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
   krb5-multidev krb5-user libcups2-dev libgtk2.0-0:i386 libkadm5clnt-mit7
   libkadm5clnt-mit8 libkadm5srv-mit7 libkadm5srv-mit8 libkdb5-4 libkrb5-dev

the -dev packages are not so much of an issue, but we use Kerberos at
work, so I can't afford to have that removed.

Got suggestions on how to get this lib to work?

thanks,
--b

It might be a problem with one of the dependencies: libgssapi-krb5-2
There is currently a mismatch of versions for amd64 and i386 (in 'sid'), and they seem mutually exclusive:

$ aptitude versions libgssapi-krb5-2
Package libgssapi-krb5-2:
i 1.10.1+dfsg-6 unstable 500

Package libgssapi-krb5-2:i386: