Re: Alsa sound errors

2013/6/6 Marc Shapiro <marcnshap@gmail.com>

So, do I create the file and add the line:

    ipc_gid_audio

        or

    ipc_gid_audio TRUE

        or

    something else?

I guess you are running pulseaudio so you can fix your error at global level or per user level.

Per user level:
- copy /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf.d/99-pulseaudio-default.conf.example in each user dir
- rename it to .asoundrc
- add this line 'ipc_key_add_uid yes'  after the lines 'type pulse'
- change ownership according to the user home dir you are working with.
- log out and log back again should be enough... but if not, restart pulseaudio && alsa-utils, reboot as last choice

It should work.
BEWARE I do not use pulseaudio at all, I use alsa and jackd instead with this setup.

Regards
/raffaele