Re: RAID1 all bootable

Hello:
I started this thread not because grub on both disks should be by default but because I found difficulties in recovering. If I performed badly, and there is no problem in installing grub on the working disk, then I see no problem. There are many raids, not limited to raid1. Perhaps it is because of this that there is no default for raid1.

fp

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 5:16 AM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
Alexandru Cardaniuc wrote:
> I just did 2 reinstalls in the last two weeks (upgrade from sqeeze to
> wheezy screwed up my grub config and then my 6 year old drives started
> failing - so much fun :), but basically during both reinstalls and
> creating MD devices with debian installer (md0/md1/md2) using two drives
> sda/sdb, by default the installer just installed grub on MBR of the
> first device sda. I didn't see an option to install it everywhere. So,
> after reboot I did a manual
> # grub-install /dev/sda
> # grub-install /dev/sdb
>
> Now when I choose to boot from either first disk or second disk, it
> works fine.
>
> Did I miss something during the debian installation? Why wasn't grub
> automatically installed on both disks?

Seems like it should have been.  I would file a bug against the
debian-installer or installation-reports.

Bob