Re: Sid wants to remove lots of packages

On Ma, 04 iun 13, 09:56:15, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> If I try to install any package I see a list of some 80 packages which
> were automatically installed and are no longer required. The list
> includes apt, grub-pc-bin, and grub2-common.
>
> Obviously I'm not goint to remove all these; particulaly losing apt
> would be a disaster. Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Not me. It might be that my mirror is just a bit behind or that it
depends on the set of packages installed.

I don't want to be a smart-ass, but:

1. when using unstable this is not unusual and the solution is not
always to not upgrade

2. if you want help with diagnosing please post the output of

    <package-manager> <simulate> <full/dist-upgrade>

Kind regards,
Andrei