Re: a browser for debian that will play pandora.com?

Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> writes:

> On 5/31/2013 7:40 PM, Carl Fink wrote:
> /snip/
>> Epiphany-browser works fine.
> Have you ever listened to Pandora? The folks that run it don't seem to
> know anything about music genres.
> I did listen to it on the computer--I think it was from PCLOS, but not
> sure. Anyway, I wouldn't go out of my way
> to get Pandora. AAMOF, I considered buying a specific car, until I
> found out it had Pandora instead of Sirius/XM.
> Maybe you can get Sirius/XM--they seem to know what they're doing. (I
> listen to Sirius/XM in the car all the time.)
> I don't know if you can get it on the computer. but I'm sure you'd
> have to subscribe.

I don't put a lot of faith in genrres... Pandora is *really* good
at predicting songs I've never heard of from bands I've never heard of
based on other music I like.

I've currently got 16 different channels defined based on
relatively-similar songs and bands I like, which I've got on random
shuffle.

So I'll get some Grateful Dead, then some Bach, then some Dresden Dolls,
then something from a Broadway musical...  and all good.