Re: telling apt-get not to remove potentially useful packages?

Le 02/06/2013 18:39, Chris Bannister a écrit :
On Sun, Jun 02, 2013 at 05:24:57PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
What I was wondering initially was: is libapache2-svn still needed
(in which case I should wait for a new version) or are its features
integrated in some other package (e.g. from the apache2 source)?
A tool analyzing the dependency system (such as apt-get) could
answer such a question automatically.
I would look in the changes/NEWS files under /usr/share/doc/pkgname, but
the trouble is you need to install them to see. :( I think the packages
search page allows you to look at individual files.

Obviously, this isn't important/production or you wouldn't be running
jessie!  You could hold off updating untill you are satisfied of the
answer. Personally, I'd be emailing the maintainer about now to see if
there is a replacement package coming up?

These transitions may not happen all at once.

You may get a look at the changelog/News before installing by using apt-listchanges package configured to show both news and changelog and using it in a pager, which allows to type Ctrl-c and abort the upgrade process.