Re: a browser for debian that will play pandora.com?

On May 31, 2013 7:40 PM, "Carl Fink" <carl@finknetwork.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 03:38:03PM -0800, Britton Kerin wrote:
> > iceweasel doesn't seem to, I downloaded firefox and ran it but
> > it doesn't seem to either (just hangs forever).
>
> I've had the same experience.
>
> > Now my GF is saying just use Ubuntu blah blah is there any
> > non-horrible way to get a browser that will play internet radio?
>
> Epiphany-browser works fine.

Firefox works fine for me. Though I'm guessing it's a script or flash issue vs a browser one.

Either way, I generally don't run Pandora through the browser and instead use pianobar. A few notes: it uses libao so you might need to tell it about your sound library. It might be a debian package but due to Pandora breaking it every once in a while, you might want to get the github version so you can fix it quicker (though this hasn't happened in a while so maybe the package is good enough for you). Pianobar allows you to get around their time limit but the service is $36/year - pay them.