Re: Debian 6 query - how to adjust mouse double click sensitivity

On Sat 25 May 2013 at 13:09:41 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

> In trying to finmd what I could from my sytem, I tried the
> following, with the results displayed;
>
> "
> :~$ info gpm
> (no responce displayed)
> $ help gpm
> bash: help: no help topics match `gpm'.  Try `help help' or `man -k
> gpm' or `info gpm'.
> $ man gpm
> No manual entry for gpm
> $ man gpm.conf
> No manual entry for gpm.conf
> "
>
> I could not find the information needed.

You do not have gpm installed. It is not one of the packages you are
given by the installer or by Gnome. Even if you did have it it is highly
unlikely to address your problem as it is meant to be used outside X on
the console.

> I assume (because it is not explained in the online reference cited
> above, at uky.edu for gpm.conf) that the particular parameter that
> needs to be adjusted, is the sampling parameter.
>
> I do not know, but it is no more than a guess.
>
> In the Sobell books that I have, including "A Practical Guide to
> Ubuntu Linux", I can not find how to do what I need; the "Practical
> Guide to Ubuntu Linux", does not include (that I was able to find)
> reference to gpm.conf, but, instead, referred to the GUI application
> for configuring the mouse driver, which allows for setting the
> double click timeout, but, not for setting a delay time so as to
> cause a user to double click, to get a double click, rather than
> double clicks inadvertently resulting from single clicks.

You are having trouble with single clicks being interpreted as double
clicks. You imply GNOME's double-click timeout is not what you want. I
cannot help with that but would suggest trying with a different mouse.