Re: MySQL slow and high load with Debian Wheezy (was: [whole mail text])

Hi Andrei,

How could that KMail can answer from the subject if marked, but I strongly
second Lisi´s notion of putting a legible text into the mail body and using a
fine descriptive and short enough subject for the mail.

Am Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2013, 11:15:29 schrieb Andrei Hristow:
> Hi, I have a serious problem with Debian 7. The system is very slow, work
> with MySQL databases is slow and painful. On Debian 6.0.7 system is very
> fast and stable, works on ext3 and ext4 on Debian 7. I have 8 GB of RAM and
> use the AMD64 version. CPU is 2.133 Ghz Intel core 2 duo. Mainboard is
> Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R socket 775 Hard drive using ata_piix driveron debian
> 6 and debian 7. Where could be the problem? Be because of ext4? Or should I
> use the i386 version of Debian 7 with PAE kernel The difference in
> performance between debian 6 and debian 7 is huge! I use wine and system
> load reached 10.0 What are your tips. What is better to use. Debian 7 i386
> or Debian 7 AMD64 ? And whether it's better to ext3 or ext4

Lots of information is missing in there. What does slow mean? How do you
notice its slow? Do you have any numbers? What is the workload? How is memory,
cpu, disk usage and so on…

But just a rough guess:

Are you by chance using the -486 kernel? Well that will give you *one* CPU and
I think a maximum of 1 GB of RAM (not sure about the latter).

With any current x86 hardware for 32-bit 686-pae is suitable, for 64-bit its
amd64.

Ciao,