Debian 7 GNU/kFreeBSD Installation: Desktop Environment Default?

Hello!  There's a bit of an issue with the Debian 7 GNU/kFreeBSD default desktop in the default installation.  When I select any of the "default installation" options at the beginning of the installation the installer chooses XFCE desktop manager and desktop environment instead of the default Gnome installation and even on the KDE disc it does the same thing.  It's installing XFCE instead of Gnome or KDE.  Why is that?  The documentation for Debian 7 GNU/kFreeBSD says that the default desktop is Gnome.  What happened?  Why are all the installation discs I find in the mirrors defaulting to XFCE?  Where can I get a disc which defaults to Gnome or KDE?  Even the disc labeled KDE version is defaulting to XFCE which is a minimalist desktop for people who don't really want a serious desktop package.  Who uses XFCE?(rhetorical question)  This is very confusing.  I like the GNU GPL license which comes with Debian but prefer the FreeBSD kernel over the Linux kernel.  I appreciate the number of committers on the FreeBSD kernel project and the additional features it offers.  Can you please help me get started with Debian GNU/kFreeBSD?  With this latest installation attempt I decided to uncheck the desktop feature and the ssh feature and install only the base system and standard utilities.  I have a command line interface but since I don't have a book available to me with a walk through on how to set up Gnome or KDE, I'm feeling a bit lost yet do feel like the GNU/kFreeBSD version of Debian is a step in a logical direction.  I really don't like how the Linux kernel project is managed and prefer the GNU/kFreeBSD version of Debian because of my belief in egalitarianism.  I realize that not all people agree with me regarding social equality; however, I do prefer to transcend old world authoritarian culture.  That said, the GNU/kFreeBSD version of Debian is almost like a dream come true for me.  I've been looking for a project like this for a while now and it was there in small print for the past 2 years.  I like that the Debian project offers people 3 kernels to choose from and prefer to learn more about how to set up a desktop computer using Debian GNU/kFreeBSD and want to know more about how I can get involved in the Debian community.  Peace!

Artur Conley
ecocentric_arturATyahooDOTcom