Re: Keyboard layout forces use of Fn function

On 2013-05-12, Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:

>> Have you tried
>>
>>        [CTRL]+[NUMLOCK] to toggle the doohickey?
> I just tried, and it actually does the same effect as setxkbmap,
> resulting in a near-perfect keyboard behaviour.
>
> I say `near-perfect' as these two solutions actually result in `^e' at
> the place of `ê'.
>
> What is the role of that key, and what does it actually do? Why am I
> still getting ^e?

I don't really know anything about it. I just googled "asus eee pc keyboard
stuck in fn mode", or something of the sort.  Apparently the above
toggles NUMLOCK (and maybe SHIFT NUMLOCK toggles it too, from what I've read).

Seems the problem is related to the laptop keyboard and not strictly
Debian, though.

Good luck.