Re: Xfce 4 + LXDM problem

On Tue, 7 May 2013 13:19:29 -0700
Alan Ianson <agianson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 17:55:33 -0500
> Patrick Thomas <pwthomas95@satx.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > I installed LXDM. I could not get it to run it as the default
> > display manager (yes, I had /usr/sbin/lxdm
> > in /etc/X11/default-display-manager), I had to login and run it from
> > tty. I managed to fix that by adding lxdm before exit 0 in rc.local,
> > now my only problem is after I log in through lxdm it tries to use
> > lightdm-xsession. I don't have and never have installed lightdm or
> > lightdm-xsession or whatever package it is looking for, so when it
> > can't find it, it says it can't find it and its falling back to
> > default session and I have to click ok to continue. So its just a
> > mild irritation, but still. Here is the exact message it gives me:
> >
> > Xsession: unable to launch "lightdm-xsession" xsession ---
> > "lightdm-xsession" not found; falling back to default session.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Not sure about lightdm or lxdm. I use slim with xfce and have no
> issues.

To the OP:
Try opening a terminal and typing:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure *dm*
where the first * is whatever dm you are already using and the last
one is for anything after the 'dm' part.  For instance, if your dm is
gdm3:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm3
I use xdm and the output of the command
sudo dpkg-reconfigure xdm
for me is a dialog box offering xdm, wdm and gdm3.

Choose which you want.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.