Re: Bug in wheezy images, busybox enters infinite loop when mounting .iso

> If I understand correctly, the cause for the loop-mounting problem is
> that the initrd is missing loop.ko, I'll look into that.

I can confirm that by adding loop.ko to the initrd, the problem goes
away. Loop mounting images is working, and you can continue normal
installation without having to unpack the .iso.

-----
For anyone whom it might help:

You have to find the correct module for your kernel version, in this
case /lib/modules/3.2.0-4-amd64/kernel/drivers/block/loop.ko from a
working Debian system, or download the kernel .deb files and unpack the
module.
Put it into subfolders exactly matching the path above, and gunzip the
initrd, so you have something like:

/foo/lib/modules/3.2.0-4-amd64/kernel/drivers/block/loop.ko
/foo/initrd

Then cd into /foo and execute:

# echo './lib/modules/3.2.0-4-amd64/kernel/drivers/block/loop.ko'|cpio -o -H newc -A -F initrd
# gzip -9 < initrd > initrd.gz

You can now put the new initrd.gz onto your USB and point to that in
grub.cfg or merge it into your .iso and you are good to go.

See my first mail for details.

-----

What would be the best way to get loop.ko added to the official
installer images? It's just 36 kB, so I can't really see any downside to
that.

Should I send another bug report?

Thank you everybody!

Best regards,