Re: anyone using shell-fm?

> Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 06:31:10 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
> cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: anyone using shell-fm?
>
> I don't mind building from source.  I've had to do it several times
> already.  One of these days I'll learn to build my own kernel too, but
> I'm not yet that advanced.
>
> On Tue, 7 May 2013, Peter Tynan wrote:
>
> > > Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 18:46:17 -0400 (EDT)
> > > From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
> > > To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > > Subject: anyone using shell-fm?
> > >
> > > I'm having no luck setting this package up to work on Debian and really
> > > would prefer to avoid windows for use of lastfm.  The problem I'm having
> > > is when shell-fm tries to connect, the site it uses generates an error
> > > 403.  Is the site that shell-fm tries to connect to the only possible
> > > connection or are there others available to try?
> >
> > See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=695256
> >
> > In order  to ensure only  subscribers could listen to  Last-fm streams
> > using  a client  (as opposed  to  the web-site)  Last-fm disabled  the
> > version  1 streaming  protocol which  the version  of shell-fm  in the
> > repros uses.
> >
> > There is a new version of shell-fm available that uses the version two
> > protocol but it is not yet  in Debian. If you don't mind building from
> > source (which you may  ell mind if you are new to  Linux and Debian) I
> > can report the version builds  fine on Wheezy. If I remember correctly
> > Last-fm  also host  a unofficial  Debian repository  for the  official
> > Last-fm client.

The #shell-fm  irc channel  on the Freenode  server is  normally quite
helpful (the developer idles there) though  one may often have to wait
quite a while  for a reply (depending on time  zone differences and so
on).

Peter

NB:Jude DaShiell  you may  want to  check the  settings of  your email
client as your reply was sent to mee and carbon copied to the list, it
should of only been set to the list.

--

(\___/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your

Alte Amplius et Sine Ratione
gopher://sdf.lonestar.org/1/users/happy/