Re: Debian in the sunshine?

On May 6, 2013, at 11:55 AM, Carl Fink wrote:

> On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 12:54:58PM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
>
>> The only sunlight-readable display on a general purpose
>> computing device capable of running Debian of which I am aware
>> [deep breath] is the OLPC XO-1 (and 1.5, 1.75).
>
> Which is not actually "available" for normal values of, unless you're a poor
> student in certain countries.

I'm not a student, and I'm not significantly poor, but I do live in a certain country. And I have an OLPC XO-1. (Remember a few years ago when everybody was excited about the OLPC, and they offered them on a buy-2-get-one deal? It's a well designed machine, for its day, but the OS leaves a little to be desired.)

I didn't know Debian would run on this. What flavors of Debian can be installed on this Mark 1 OLPC? And is just plugging an external CD player into the USB connector enough to get it to work? And is its odd networking a problem using a netInstall CD?

--
Glenn English