Fingerprint VFS5011 id 138a:0011

Dear gurus,

Any news on how to make this fingerprint read work as of today?

I read some old posts on internet, from dec/2012, and I hope we have
some good news now.

Is the procedure just:

# apt-get install fprint-demo libfprint-dev libfprint0 libpam-fprintd

And then enroll a finger with:

$ fprint_demo?

I got "no devices found" doing so.

Do I need to explicitly install a driver for this particular reader
(Fingerprint VFS5011 id 138a:0011)?

This post explains some of the installation procedure:

What is this aes2501-wy thing?

This post, a guy tells us he is currently trying to work out a driver:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.fprint/2199

It is from 22/dec/12, and there is no driver "name" nor a link to download.

Thanks any help on the matter,

Beco

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." (H. Jackson Brown Jr.)